This forum has come to a halting stop. The stats show this:
- In the past 30 days, 1 user has created a new account.
- In the past 30 days, only 6 topics have been created.
- In the past week, only 5 people have viewed the forum in their account.
We can’t keep a forum running with only 5 MAU. To fix this problem, we have to advertise the forum.
Discord servers like welcome advertisements have a decent amount of roblox/lua developers. We could try advertising the forum there in order to get more members.
- Free, with paid options available.
- A dedicated channel for game related ads
- Less effective, probably will only get us a few more active members, even with constant ads
- Only discord users would see the ad, and a lot of people don’t use discord.
We could also use Roblox’s Ad system to grow the forum. We could create a group and have the group ranks correspond to the forum ranks.
- Decently effective, you can spend around 200 Robux and get about 80 members in your group.
- Extremely targeted. Roblox developer’s will see this, and join the group(if interested).
- User’s who join the group may not join the forum, and we may have to have the link in something like a twitter account, or discord server.
- Costs a decent amount of money to create a group with ranks, and make a ad that is appealing to user’s.
Now, chances are, google ads isn’t going to be the route we go(assuming that we even advertise the forum). It’s an option though, and it’s certainly decent.
- Extremely easy to setup. Add the link, pay the money, and basically, done.
- Targeted thanks to google selling search data. We could probably get a lot of lua/luau users to join the forum/
Hopefully, we at least get some new users no matter what path we take.
Note: Have any ideas on ad services? Reply and leave them below.