Require account verifications for users TL2+

Currently, there is no account verification for users. This means I can create an account under any [User]name and pretend to be them.

If you made it so people over the rank of TL2 had to verify their accounts, the impersonation risks would go down slightly.

How it would work

Option A:
User A is trust level 2 and must verify their account. They can DM a mod, and they will give them a code to set their desc to. When their desc is set to the code they get a verification badge and get let into the verified group.
Option B:
The user goes to a verification game, is given code(a discord webhook saves the code to a channel) and when the user sets their luahub desc to their code a mod would enter them in the correct groups and would be given the right badge.

Edit: Can I get a update on this?

2 Likes

Absolutely, I just joined DevSource and I’d prefer to see a system on LuaHub where you’d have to leave verification of your identity

1 Like

We’ll start implementing Scenario A as soon as I get approval.

(cc @Crcoli737 : like this if you agree)

1 Like

I know this form went inactive, but can I get a update on this? I still think this would be a good feature.

(CC: @Crcoli737)

2 Likes

Idk I’ve not really been working on this forum lately so.

1 Like

I honestly don’t see the point, hardly anyone signs in now, only @RareNoob, @R0bl0x10501050 and yourself signs in here.

I haven’t logged in for a couple of weeks now

2 Likes

Fair enough point. This forum is dead, even the owner has basically left lol.

2 Likes

I should be an admin lol

Im the only mod that’s online Clxzed hasn’t been on in a month

2 Likes

Yea. The forum is 100% dead. At this point they could just give everyone admin and have a FFA without any damage XD.

2 Likes

There’d still be damage since the IP addresses of everyone would be public.

2 Likes

ayo wheres my admin😭

We will not be giving admin to anyone as that is a very powerful and potentially destructive position. Concerning the mod role, we may consider this in the future and develop an application-based system.

3 Likes

IPs do little harm in the hands of someone who doesn’t know what there doing, and I seriously doubt anyone on the forum knows how to benefit from a stolen IP. Besides, it’s a joke ;-;.

Before you start giving mod out to people, you should work on giving mods to moderate. There is literally no active people here, you need to grow the forum somehow, or it will stay dead.

3 Likes

There are discord bots that are capable of crashing entire Roblox game servers. I’m sure someone can just lookup a DoS/DDoS script on google if they don’t know anything about programming.

1 Like

Even so, they still would need to know some programming to setup a web server, ETC. You don’t just run a script and instantly unlock cyber criminal powers.

1 Like

You don’t need a complicated webserver. You can just run a four word command in the terminal. Plus, any DDoS tutorial probably instructs how to set up a webserver on your local machine.

1 Like